GOANDBANGTHEWALL*
 

PROFILE   ENTRIES  LINKED  NUFFNANG  MUSTREAD COVERS
Because I'm different.
A.venue Bistro.
Saturday, March 31, 2012 / 1:00 PM 0credits inserted.

<$BlogCommentBody$>

By <$BlogCommentAuthor$>, at <$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment


Hey guys!

Back with a food post this time!

Hope you aren't too hungry :)

Earlier this week, I headed down to A.venue Bistro for a meal!

Here are their details:

A.venue Bistro
Cathay Cineleisure Orchard #03-06/06B
+65 6733 2270
Mon-Thurs: 11AM-11PM
Fri-Sun: 11AM-2AM

Moving on!


Pleace was situated right in the middle of the third floor. It had an open air alfresco concept, even though indoors!


The fences and seats really did give an impression of a nice cafe somewhere along a Parisan street.


Bounjour! Cafe Je Vous Aime :)


The view of the mall from our seat! Trust me, the place gets filled with teenagers after the sun sets!

The place was pretty comfy, but due to it's open concept, the place tends to get a little noisy due to the crowd. Unlike other alfresco restaurants(I get that this is indoor so it isnt exactly alfresco per se, but oh well.), there isn't any soft smooth music playing in the background.

Due to the fact that it was in the middle of a teen hub, popular rock and pop songs were playing over the speakers from adjacent stores. A different kind of ambience, but I like it.

I went there twice, once with Kailun and another with my parents! Shall make things easy and blog about both times :)

For snacks, I got the Mozzarella Cheesesticks! ($6.90 for 6 cheesesticks)


A tad too brown, looks like it was left frying for a minute too long.


Cheese stretches too much at first bite.


You mean it wasn't supposed to melt in my mouth?

Too chewy, didn't melt in my mouth like some others that I've tried!
Felt like I'm paying for the salad instead of the cheesesticks, as the salad was considerably better.

4.5 out of 10 for me!


For lunch that day I had the Baked Cheesy Penne. (Chicken Sausage, Mozzarella & Parmesan. $8.90.)


CREAM SAUCE ISH GOOD. (Very fattening, but I like cream based pasta. ):)
Not too thick, not too thin, my favourite!

Pasta was well cooked! Top part however was alittle burnt. Might have been baked for a little too long! Chicken sausage blended well with the entire dish.

7 out of 10 for me. Would have scored an 8 if the top wasn't burnt!


Kailun ordered the Tim's Fish and Chips. ($12.90)


Simply put, too flour-y. A little hard to cut through. Reminded me of eating raw cookie dough.(and thank the gods I don't have salmonella.) Didn't leave a nice consistency. Fries however were fried to golden perfection. Golden, cripsy, slightly salty. MY FAVE.

5.5 over 10 for me.


Came back for dinner another day with my parents!

My dad got the dinner set, so we had Ice Lemon Tea and Pumpkin Soup :)



Came in this! so cute hehe there's a lion there.


Pumpkin flavour was brought out well! Thick enough but not clumpy. Me likey.

7.5 over 10!


Next up, Linguine Seafood Aglio Oglio. (Prawns, Mussels, squids, Chilli, Italian Parsley & Garlic. $11.90)


Fresh prawns, very spongy. Could have been a little spicier. Nice spicy aftertaste, but not spicy enough to make you gasping for water. Noodles were a tad dry, but maybe that's just me.

7 over 10!


My favourite from there, the Pan Roasted Smoked Salmon Steak with Teriyaki Sauce!
(Served with Mash potatoes and Ratatouille. $13.90)


Crispy on the outside, tender inside. DEELISH. Salmon skin was exceptionally tasty. Teriyaki Sauce made me have a little foodgasm happen in my mouth. Mash potatoes were clumpy, not the best I've had. Ratatouille was not bad, good mix of spices and tomato sauce.

I still must emphasize on how awesome the salmon was. Sigh making myself hungry just looking at the photo.

8 over 10 for this dish!

Coffee, anyone?

Cafe Mocha after the meal! ($4.80)

Good presentation, good coffee. yum.



Last but not least, cake!

Melting Moments. (Baked Chocolate with Vanilla Ice Cream. $8.90.)


Yes, the cake came with the spoons like that. One thing I cannot tolerate is the crew placing spoons directly into my food. If it were placed on a plate underneath the main bowl(like having this second plate in case it's hot kinda thing), then it wouldn't be that bad.

Decided to take the spoons away to take a proper photo. ):



Have you guys eaten at A.venue Bistro yet?

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by: @kiewc     Email me    Back to top

Archived




Plugs


    follow me on Twitter


    Template


    Loading
     
    © Template by Poopsicle.
    Everytime i try to leave, something keeps pulling me back, telling me I need you in my life. ♥